MFLC Military Family Life Counselor
Magruder Elementary School is proud to support our military families! This school year, 2023-2024, we are proud to continue supporting our military families, with our MFLC, Mrs. Jessica Navin. We are so lucky to have her. You might be asking what an MFCL is, what do they do, how do they support our military families? Our MFCL, Mrs. Jessica Navin, will be able to help and support the following, but not limited to:
- Facilitating social-emotional consultations and/or groups in libraries and other areas on campus.
- Interacting with children and parents during special events, field days, award luncheons, and sports events.
- Using coloring books and journals as a guided journey through the deployment cycle. Helping the children prepare for goodbyes, accepting life while the parent is gone, exploring how they will stay in touch and addressing their hopes and fears.
- Consulting with teachers, modeling appropriate responses regarding disruptive classroom behaviors, and increasing student social skills.
- Supporting and working on conflict resolution skills with students.
- Providing support to students and families around deployment and reintegration.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ms. Collazo-Gonzalez, email@example.com or Ms. Haskins, firstname.lastname@example.org, our school counselors and they can provide more information.