Information for Military Families
Magruder Elementary faculty and staff understand the unique needs of the military family. With a diverse military populations, representing all branches, we are here to meet the needs of our military connected students and their families.
In addition to the helpful and compassionate staff, you will find many resources here on the website to aid you as you prepare for relocations, deployments, or other events that impact your family and your child's education. Please reach out to anyone at Magruder Elementary for further assistance.
School Based Contact:
York County School Division School Board Office Contact:
Associate Director of School Administration
YCSD Military Family Information This link will bring you to York County School Division's Military Resource Page
- Student Transfer Checklist
- Academic Planning Resources:
- Interstate Compact on Education:
- Resources for Transferring to York County School Division
Other Helpful Resources!
- Military Impacted Schools Association Military Impacted Schools Association (MISA) is a national organization representing school districts that serve high concentrations of military children.
- Department of Defense Education (DODEA Schools Worldwide) Teaching the children of Department of Defense military and civilian families worldwide.
- Military Child Education Coalition The Military Child Education Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, world-wide organization that identifies the challenges facing the highly mobile military child, increases awareness of these challenges in military and educational communities, and initiates and implements programs to meet the challenges.
- http://www.militaryonesource.mil/ Military OneSource offers a wide range of individualized consultations, coaching and counseling for many aspects of Military Life.
- http://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/student_family/military/ Virginia Department of Education’s Military Families webpage